Norfolk Southern 21st Century Steam excursions set to begin in March.
As part of the Norfolk Southern 21st Century Steam Program, the Tennessee Valley Railroad Museum has announced they will be operating a limited number of public excursions during 2014.
Planned 2014 trips include:
- March 29 – Chattanooga to Attalla, Ala. -174-mile round trip.
- March 30 – Chattanooga to Oneida, Tenn. -282-mile round trip
- April 5 – Bristol, Va., to Radford, Va. -220-mile round trip
- April 6 – Bristol, Va., to Bulls Gap, Tenn. -156-mile round trip
- April 12 and 13 – Grundy, W.Va. to Devon, W.Va. ( 2/day) *
- April 19 – Chattanooga to Cleveland, Tenn. (2/day) *
- May 17 and 18 – Cincinnati, OH to Danville, KY
- May 31 and June 1 – Lexington, Ky., to Oneida, Tenn.
- June 7 – Chattanooga to Oneida, TN.
Tickets for the two March trips are on sale and start at $70 for March 29 and $80 for March 30. General admission seating will be provided in climate-controlled coaches. A commissary car selling snacks, soft drinks, and light food items, along with souvenirs, will be part of the train. Observation car seats are $175 for each run. For more information or to buy tickets, go to tvrail.com.
* details not yet available.
Details for later excursions will be posted as they become available.
Additional excursions for 2014 may be announced.
21st Century Steam is a partnership between Norfolk Southern and TVRM to operate steam-powered excursions throughout the territory Norfolk Southern serves. More information is available on the 21st Century Steam website at www.21stcenturysteam.com.
SOU #630 to Oneida, TN – RailroadForums.Com As part of Norfolk Southern Railway’s 21st Century Steam program, the Tennessee Valley Railroad Museum’s Southern #630 hauled a steam excursion train from Chattanooga to Oneida, TN and back on a sunny November … Publish Date: 11/14/2013 0:08