North Shore Scenic Railroad Soo #2719 steam excursions to begin on Mothers Day
Take a ride on the Mothers Day for a six-hour steam excursion to Two Harbors behind the historic 2-6-2 steam locomotive Soo #2719.
First Class food service available, or ride coach and bring the whole family. It is also Mothers Day, and all Mom’s will get a small gift for their special day.
May 12th, 2013 – 1pm
A 2 1/2 hour train ride on Sunday Afternoon.
- 1pm depart Duluth Depot
- First Class seats begin lunch service
- Concessions available for all passengers
- Fully narrated tour with gifts for all moms
- 2pm, Photo runby at Palmers, MN
- Diesel locomotive DMIR #193 pulls the train back to Duluth
- Return to Duluth Depot around 3:30pm
- All tickets include discount admission to Lake Superior Railroad Museum
2013 Soo #2719 schedule:
- August 16, 17, 23, 24, 30, 31 (Fri/Saturdays)
- September 6, 7, 13, 14 (Fri/Saturdays)
- Depart 10:30am, arrive Two Harbors around Noon
- 2 hours for lunch/shopping/etc.
- Depart Two Harbors 2:30pm, return to Duluth Depot between 4 – 4:30pm
Visiting the Duluth area and the North Shore of Lake Superior is a truly delightful destination for a family vacation. The scenery along the shoreline…
Publish Date: 06/18/2012 15:59